Sunday, July 5, 2009

it's okay.

[Supporting 'Not Art' Artist, Mike M.]

clearlyineedtokeeppursuingwhatithinkofwheniammakingartorhavingconceptsbecausetherearepeoplethataresummoningsimmilarthoughts!

[New Artwork from Spring 09']
Experience "X" Thinking about depending on the MBTA.[detail]


[New Artwork from Spring 09']
Experience "X" Thinking about the value of the U.S. Dollar[detail]

[New Artwork from Spring 09']
Experience "X" Going to the Dollar Store to make art [detail]

[New Artwork from Spring 09']
Experience "X" Contemplating what an experience is through a Zen Garden[detail]

[New Works Summer 09']
Experience "X" Going to the Dollar Store to make art.

[New Works in Progress Summer 09']
I found this face on this DJEEP liter I had found on the ground. I am always checking out my surroundings for faces. Not sure where this will lead but I am not forcing it, it just is more about the discovery and documentation of these finds.

[New Works in Progress Summer 09']
This began in the spring when I taught self-portraiture. I was intrigued with the idea that, maybe the experience of drawing yourself from a mirror doesn't reflect entirely how you view yourself and the act of doing that process is arbitrary in a fast paced world where we can snap photos and move on and maybe it's not who you are on a daily basis. I decided to capture the process of viewing myself through my other viewed perspective and that is through my profile picture. I've grown pretty comfortable with this one and I find the act of "drawing from a picture or a computer screen" seems more relevant in its process for me to create as art. One of my teachers shunned me away from drawing from photos because they said that you loose the energy and visceral depth that drawing from a mirror would have. For someone to say, "you don't want that" might be false, maybe I am depicting a facade of what is visceral, maybe that's the idea. I love where this concept of the, non-visceral or superficial depth is going I just have to pin this down and keep working on it.

[New Works in Progress Summer 09']
Not sure what is going on, these are some dollar store and REstore items mixed together. I'm not totally into it. It came too easy to do. I don't like to decorate things to things because it forces the art to be art and it reinforces how you use the items in the picture where I want to find another way to view these things (example: jewels with flat backs get glue on them and are routinely for bedazzling something/stickers are for sticking)

[New Works in Progress Summer 09']
Random arrangement, playing off the face idea. Not quite a ready-made discovery like the liter but, I've got nothing on this one. I used it in a song and people find joy in its, size, flat and sharp notes & wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogspot visit counter